Explosives (Ammunition, Marine Flares, Reloading Powders)

(Last Updated: 7/24/2023)

Special handling required.

Ammunition, marine flares and reloading powders are explosives. Explosives do not belong in trash or recycling. 

Contact the Washington State Patrol District 8 at 360-473-0300 to arrange for proper disposal. Depending on the item, they may ask you to contact the Kitsap County Sheriff to arrange for disposal. Explosives are not accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility.

Washington State Patrol occasionally hosts free explosives collection events in Kitsap County. Check the WSP's Press Release webpage to check for an upcoming event.

Check the listing for road and highway flares or fireworks for additional disposal instructions.