(Last Updated: 3/29/2022)

"Chemical" products in your home are hazardous if they are corrosive, toxic, flammable, or reactive in certain conditions. These products have signal words on the label like "caution, danger, flammable, warning, or toxic." See a list of household hazardous products or search for your specific product. Contact if you have disposal questions.
Information listed here is for HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ONLY. View business, non-profit, and agency information.

Some household chemical products require proper disposal. If you find a signal word (caution, warning, danger, toxic) on the label, take the product to the Kitsap County Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Facility for no charge. Package products carefully for transportation. See facility hours at the website below.
Empty containers are safe to place in the garbage.
Kitsap County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
5551 SW Imperial Way Bremerton, WA 98312
360-337-5777 | Website | Map

Reduce your purchase of toxic products. Read labels and use the least toxic product for your task. Signal words let you know if a product is hazardous:
Caution: Mild/Moderate Hazard 
Warning: Moderate Hazard 
Danger:  Extremely Flammable, Corrosive or Toxic
Poison:  Highly Toxic
Purchase non-toxic alternatives that use plant-derived ingredients or make your own.  Always label homemade cleaners and keep them out of the reach of children and pets.