Road Flare

(Last Updated: 10/3/2018)

Hazardous Waste. Free Drop-Off Disposal. Never put flammable items like road flares (also known as ground flares, highway flares, or fusees) in the garbage.

Information listed here is for household items only. View business, non-profit, and agency information.

Unused Road Flares: Take to the Kitsap County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility for free disposal. Visit the facility website for hours and instructions for using this facility.
Not accepted: marine flares or rocket-propelled flares. See explosives disposal information.
Used Road Flares: Soak used road flares in a bucket of water for at least 15 minutes until they are cooled down. Wrap the used fireworks in a plastic bag and put the bag in your garbage. Pour the remaining water into a grassy area to prevent the toxic metals contained in road flares from entering a storm drain.
Kitsap County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
5551 SW Imperial Way Bremerton, WA 98312
360-337-5777 | Website | Map